posted Dec 5, 2013, 5:12 AM by Raymond Muzic
updated Mar 6, 2014, 5:28 AM
||Review and accept Minutes
|Ray, Leonardo M
* Introductions: Colleen Nagy, Ramya Ramadurai
* FSCICT meeting schedule for Spring 2014
* Contact Deans, etc... regarding projects they would like to propose, electronic signatures
1. Ensure projects that went to the CWRU Executive Committee last year get funded first (i.e. Clinical Informatics, FISMA and ARC/IACUC). Those are still our highest priorities and we want to ensure those are addressed first before considering other items.
2. Billing and tracking software for core operations. Cores across the University should utilize a common platform for such activities. Will gain economies of scale, efficiency and consistency.
3. Space Management System – Co-sponsored with Steve Campbell in UGEN. One of the finalists from last year and still in need
4. The SOM would support a “cloud” computing storage option if it is economically better than current methods, HIPAA/FISMA compliant for research data, same or better redundancy, and adequate bandwidth to transmit/extract the data that satisfies users.
|Other committees - status updates
Advisory Committee on Research Computing
Information Technology Services Planning and Advisory Committee (ITSPAC)
Priorities Review Board
Council of Technology Officers
ITSPAC Security & Policy Subcommittee
Roger B, Mark G
Tom K, Mark H, Mike K
Andrew R, Tom K
Next steps to make chair of CTOs a voting member - feedback from Exec Com, draft revision to Faculty Senate By-laws, updated CTOs charter
|Network infrastructure at CWRU
Linked background materials are accessible only by CWRU people
|Colleen N, Ramya R