posted Feb 19, 2014, 12:32 PM by Raymond Muzic
updated Feb 19, 2014, 12:32 PM
Wireless and Mobility - coverage and use in education - were the main topics at today's ITSPAC meeting.
Speakers from ITS were
- Mark Henderson, Interim Vice President and CIO
- Mike Kenney, Faculty Support & Academic Technology Leader
- Brian Yuhnke, Instructional Designer
Their topics were
- WiFi coverage, maps and the ability to report coverage gaps are available here
- Demands for increasing SIS access to mobile devices
- There was a contest to develop an app to assess WiFi and wireless/cell coverage gaps. Soon the winner will be announced.
- Mike Kenney asked that all CWRU people contribute input by taking a brief survey on mobility. The data will be used as ITS formulates a roadmap for mobility at CWRU.
The headliners were two special speakers were students, both with industry experience - Motorola and Apple - and vision for using mobile devices in education.
- Michael Rosenfield - Engineering - Mobile technology in the classroom: Clickers for instructor feedback, tablets for note-taking, ...
- Elias Kikano, Second Year Medical Student - Mobility and the future of education: Google Glass
They did an excellent job and I encourage you to listen to what they had to say: